The Parish of Sutton Bonington located in the South West of the county of Nottinghamshire, is a rural community made up of around 2200 acres with a static population of about 1800 residents. It includes the hamlet of Zouch, borders the river Soar and has many amenities including an excellent primary school, village hall with public library, 4 places of worship (which include 2 beautiful medieval Anglican churches), 3 pubs, a post office and a convenience store.
It also includes the highly acclaimed Sutton Bonington Campus of the University of Nottingham, the faculty of agriculture, food sciences and vetinerary sciences where there are around 1800 students thus doubling the village population during term time.Sutton Bonington Parish Council provides local services. We strive to make Sutton Bonington a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
The parish council has a vacancy for one councillor and according to the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) Rules 1996, the Parish Council should, as soon as practicable, co-opt a person to fill the vacancy.
The appointment is entirely at the discretion of the Parish Council, provided, of course, that the person co-opted is qualified to act as a councillor in accordance with one of the following:- More »
- be a local government elector of the Parish.
- has, during the whole of the 12 months preceding the day on which he/she was nominated as a councillor, occupied as tenant or owner, any land or other premises in the Parish
- his/her principal or only place of work in the 12 months preceding the day on which he/she is nominated as a councillor has been in the area of the Parish
- has resided either in the Parish or within three miles thereof during the whole of the 12 months preceding the day on which he/she is nominated as a candidate.
There are certain disqualifications of which the main are:-
- having been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than three months during the five years preceding the election
- being disqualified under any enactment to corrupt or illegal practises
If you are interested in joining the parish council please complete and return the application form to the parish clerk by the 1st July 2021. » Less
Posted: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 21:30 by Helen Chadwick
Following recent concerns regarding its use, the Parish Council have decided that from Friday 11th of June 2021 the car park at the playing fields will be locked on Friday and Saturday evenings from 8pm to 8am.
Posted: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 21:43 by Helen Chadwick
At the recent annual parish meeting, our community officer, Kelly Carlile was in attendance and reminded councillors and parishioners that all incidences should be reported.
If there is an emergency you should call 999, alternatively please report anything to:
PC 1530 Kelly Carlile, Rushcliffe South Beat Manager on 101 Ext 3189966.
You can also follow the local beat team on twitter @LeakeKworthCops or through their Facebook page Rushcliife South Police. More »
Parishioners can also log pothole reports and maintenance issues online through the Nottinghamshire County Council website or by calling the 0300 500 8080 number. » Less
Posted: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 19:37 by Helen Chadwick